CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Princess Diaries

Cabot, Meg. The Princess Diaries. The Princess Diaries

New York, NY: Harper Collins, 2000. Print.

Annotation: Fourteen-year-old Mia, who is trying to lead a normal life as a teenage girl in New York City, is shocked to learn that her father is the Prince of Genovia, a small European principality, and that she is a princess and the heir to the throne.

Booktalk: So my mom tells me she wants me to write down my feelings in this book, since, she says I obviously don’t feel I can talk about them with her. So here goes….

Thursday, October 2
Penguin House, Central Park Zoo

I'm so freaked out I can barely write. But I have to get this down exactly the way it happened. Otherwise, when I wake up tomorrow I might think it was just a nightmare. But it wasn't a nightmare. It was REAL!

I just found out my Dad is the Prince of Genovia. I think that I could deal with that, but then he kept asking me if I really understood what he was telling me. I guessed a few things. Dad could tell that he had me stumped. So then he dropped the bombshell on me. "You are not Mia Thermopolis anymore, honey." I raised my head and said, "I'm not, then who am I?" He then went on to say," You're Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo, Princess of Genovia!"

WHAT!! ME!! A PRINCESS!!!

Yeah!! Right!!

So now my book has become The Princess Diaries.

Awards & Honors

  • ALA Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
  • New York Public Library Books for the Teen Age
  • Tennessee Volunteer State TASL Book Award
  • ALA Notable/Best Books for Young Adults
  • International Reading Association/Children’s Book Council Young Adults’ Choice
  • Washington State Evergreen Young Adult Book Award

Megcabot.com

image credit: libraryindia.in

No comments:

Post a Comment